Community Living Technology Refresh
LBNCo is dedicated to updating and improving the technology in strata and community living to ensure that it maintains its value in the future; you, the resident, can benefit from both today’s and tomorrow’s technology.
The technology refresh will mean:
- Future proofing Fibre to the apartment
- Reliable 100Mbps internet with 1GB at the flick of a switch
- IP / Digital essential services enablement
- Access Control (Intercom)
- Security (CCTV)
- Public Area Video and WiFi
- Internet Of Things
- MATV – FTA & Foxtel Infrastructure and streaming ready
- Open Access Internet – choice of 25 RSP’s
If you’d like more information about updating the technology in your building, please email the team email@example.com or contact us below.Contact Us
Benefits to the Owners Corporation and
We look to rejuvenate Strata and Community Developments with slow Internet.
Pre 2014 Developments may have NBN FTTN, TPG FTTB or Telstra HFC – these technologies will be unable to guarantee speeds above 50Mbps or migrate to 1Gbps in the future.
Apartments may have 3 generations of families residing in them and therefore are data intensive users.
By 2020 it is expected that each resident will have 6 personal devices connected to WiFi, plus the Internet of Things (IOT) adding 50 devices per apartment.
Research shows home owners are prepared to pay up to 8% more for properties with fast broadband.
Super fast broadband on average leads to a 5% rental improvement.
Plus investment properties on average acheive a 5% higher rental yield where super fast broadband is available.
To maintain and enhance their value, these buildings need to keep their technology infrastructure up to date.
Smart Buildings – Data Services
- Community WiFi
- Public Safety
- Medical and Safety Alarms
- White & Brown Goods
- Smart Home Devices
- Gaming and Uploads
- 58% of all downstream traffic in 2018 was video streaming. This is expected to increase to 70% by 2021.
- In Australia there were 9.1 million subscription video on demand services (SVOD) in 2018. This is expected to increase to 22 million by 2020.
- 43% of Australian households currently subscribe to SVOD. In the US and UK the figures are 70% and 50% respectively.
Embedded Networks – Utilities
- Increased purchasing power
- Residents benefit from best rate available
- Individual smart meters
- Subsidised common area power
The Commercial Offer
- LBNCo designs and installs the “Passive” Infrastructure – Fibre Optics
- LBNCo installs and operates the “Active” technology – GPON
- Strata funds the “Passive” infrastructure – Sinking Fund or 5 year Chattel Loan
- LBNCo funds the “Active” technology – investment based on the delivery of ongoing wholesale services